Chicken Curry Rice Salad
- 3 cups cooked Kasmati® Rice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons (or to taste) curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup light Italian dressing
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine yogurt, curry powder, garlic, salt and ground red pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place chicken in mixture; stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate 4 to 6 hours in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil chicken and slice into strips; refrigerate.
- Combine rice, red pepper, red onion, snow peas, green onions, raisins, and peanuts; mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss.
- To serve, place chicken strips over salad.