- 1 cup uncooked Texmati® Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (14.5oz) can chicken broth, plus enough water to equal 2 cups
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth and water; heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.