Creamy Red Beans & Rice with Caramelized Onions
- 3 cups hot cooked, prepared with chicken broth Texmati® Light Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions; cook until onions begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add rice, beans, sour cream, cheese and black pepper.
- Stir until well blended and cheese is melted.