Cucumber, Pearl Couscous, Basil & Watermelon Salad
- 1 cup, cooked Original Pearl Couscous
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed or melon balls
- 1 English cucumber, chopped into 1/4 pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 ripe mango, skin removed & chopped into 1/2 in pieces
- 1/2 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced basil
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, crushed & toasted
- Prepare pearl couscous according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce or tamari, garlic, ginger, lime juice and rice vinegar. Add pearl couscous, watermelon, cucumber, mango, serrano pepper, cilantro, and basil. Mix.
- Chill for 30 minutes, then drain excess liquid before serving.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top of salad. Serve.