Jasmati® Supreme Pizza
- 1 cup, uncooked Jasmati® Rice
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- Pizza Crust:
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Choice of toppings: turkey sausage, bell pepper, ripe olives, mushrooms, and hot pepper sauce to taste
For the crust
For the pizza filling:
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine eggs, rice, cheese, onion and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- With back of spoon, press mixture evenly onto bottom and sides of pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Combine pizza sauce and Italian seasoning in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spoon sauce over crust, up to 1 inch from edge. Cover with toppings of your choice and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 450 degree F until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.