- Heat broth, reserving ¼ cup, in 3 to 4 quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, zest lemon peel; set aside. Juice lemons; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1½ cups cooked rice, heavy cream and reserved ¼ cup broth; process until smooth.
- Add rice mixture, remaining cooked rice, lemon juice and chicken to broth. Simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Add chopped chives; cook 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon peel and chives, if desired.
*Courtesy of USA Rice Federation.