- 1 cup, uncooked Tri-Color Quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring chicken stock to a boil, add quinoa and cook according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in quinoa until well blended.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan, if desired.
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.