- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil and butter in large saucepan.
- Sauté onion until transparent.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed each time.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.