- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat to medium.
- Add sausage and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove sausage from skillet and chop into ¼ inch pieces. Return sausage to skillet with onion.
- Stir in orzo, chicken broth, orange juice, cranberries, and sage; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer (covered), until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes. Toss and serve.
Adapted from National Pasta Association