- 1 cup, uncooked Royal Blend® Texmati® Light Brown Rice with Quinoa
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice. Tip: Use the zest & juice from a fresh orange.
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup low fat mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar and seasoned salt.
- Stir in chicken to coat; add rice and cranberries.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mixing well.
- Stir in pecans just before serving.
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Royal Blend product, including our Original Royal Blend, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Red Rice, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Wild Rice, Royal Blend with Flaxseed, and Royal Blend with Quinoa.