- 1 cup, uncooked Royal Blend® Whole Grain with Texmati® Brown & Red Rice
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 (4 oz) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- dash of thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet combine sausage, celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook oven medium heat until sausage is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in broth, soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, almonds, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into greased 3-quart casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Royal Blend product, including our Original Royal Blend, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Red Rice, Whole Grain Royal Blend with Wild Rice, Royal Blend with Flaxseed, and Royal Blend with Quinoa.