Sausage & Apricot Balsamic Rice
- 1 cup, uncooked Texmati® Brown Rice
- 1 (12oz) package sage-flavored pork sausage
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Crumble sausage into a large non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up clumps.
- Drain grease from pan. Add maple syrup and vinegar; stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes to blend.
- Add rice, apricots, cashews, salt and pepper; stir over medium heat until blended. Serve warm.