- 3 cups, cooked Tri-Color Quinoa
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons + 1/8 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 12 oz shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced very small
- 3 green onion tops, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Add two teaspoons of the canola oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 8 minutes, stirring until the onions are cooked through and lightly browned. Remove the onions, set aside; remove skillet from heat.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with 1/8 teaspoon of soy sauce. Return skillet to the burner and add remaining teaspoon of canola oil. Swirl to coat the bottom. Add egg mixture, stirring to scramble the eggs. Remove eggs from skillet.
- Pour sesame oil into the wok and bring to medium heat. Add the cooked chicken, peas, carrots and the cooked onions; stir until well mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, green onions and bean sprouts and mix together. Continue to stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Add the scrambled eggs and drizzle the entire mixture with the 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until well blended and heated through.
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.