- 2 cups, cooked Sushi Rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced onion
- Sliced cheese
- Combine rice, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Remove cooked rice to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl and add to cooled rice. Stir well to combine.
- Line the lid of a RiceSelect® jar with plastic wrap. Firmly press ½ cup rice mixture into lid to form 12 rice “buns”. Place formed “buns” on a cookie sheet and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine ground beef and seasoned salt. Using the jar lid again, press about ½ cup meat into lid to form 6 burger patties.
- Remove rice “buns” from the refrigerator. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry buns in hot oil, 3-4 minutes per side, repeating until all buns are browned. Keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook beef patties to desired temperature. Assemble burgers with desired toppings.