Texmati Rice Fritters
- 1 cup, cooked & packed Texmati® White Rice
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Combine all the ingredients except for oil and mix well.
- In a pan, heat oil for shallow frying.
- When oil is hot, add a tablespoon of batter, pressing down slightly to form a flat fritter.
- Fry one side until golden and flip. (If there are any holes in fritter, add more cornstarch to the batter.) Drain fritters on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, or hummus.