- 1 cup, cooked and cooled White Quinoa
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini, lightly packed
- 1 cup finely chopped baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a 6-count muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno and garlic; saute for one minute. Add carrot, and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini, baby spinach, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for another minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Stir in quinoa.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes. Stir eggs and parmesan cheese into quinoa mixture.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups with mixture, pressing mixture down with a spoon. Top each with grated Cheddar cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with sweet chili sauce. Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.